Eaton Steel Bar Company is a sales and support services company for hot rolled and cold finished steel bar products. Our company was founded in 1953 by two brothers, Albert and Ozzie Goodman. We remain a privately held enterprise under the stewardship of a second generation of the Goodman family, and we are positioned for growth. Companies in our enterprise include:
Our corporate office and operations are strategically located in the heart of the industrial Midwest in Oak Park, Michigan.
From our facilities in Oak Park, Taylor and Livonia, Michigan, we service the engineered steel bar needs of the entire North American marketplace. Key facts about our facilities include:
- Three plant facilities with more than half-a-million square feet of production and warehouse floor space with room to expand on more than 40 acres of adjacent land
- Depots across the country to better facilitate our customers’ immediate needs – including a SBQ mill depot in Houston, Texas
- Overall capacity to warehouse 100,000 tons of inventory and to ship in excess of 300,000 tons annually
- 35-foot-high stacking system and auxiliary equipment for cold-finished bar processing and handling.
- Equipment able to clean, draw, roto test, mag test, cut to length, measure, straighten, chamfer both ends of the bars (if required), bundle, weigh and convey to storage